Saturday 5 October 2013

slim, healthy and alive!

Another gift I received today came from another lovely soul who is a great inspiration to me in the way she is with children (and not just children :) she told me about a film called 'fat, sick and nearly dead' and when she said it would be a life-changing experience, she was not exaggerating one bit. I watched the film today after a horrible night of tummy troubles, preceded by a mouth blister that seems to have grown very attached to my tongue in the last couple of months and spots on my face and neck that remind me of being 14 again, not pleasant memories! But after watching the film, I couldn't wait to get juicing and see if this might be a way to cleanse whatever it is that my body has had enough of. I said yoga was one of my passions, well food is the other, especially healthy, nutritious food. So I've embarked on a mini-adventure and going to juice myself slim, healthy and very much alive! I found a 7 day juice detox plan: and dashed to Waitrose to confiscate their shelves from all the spinach, kale, celery, cucumbers, apples and other goodies. I looked like I was off to feed the entire Monkey World. I then brushed the cobwebs off my juicer and made my first juice dinner called sunset passion and although the taste didn't quite compete with 4 cheese pizza or blueberry muffins, the fact that I'm writing all this down shows I didn't go into zombie mode (like I usually do on a Friday night after the ominous pizzas) I have taken photos of 'before' to keep track of the changes caused by the diet, but might post them later when I see some improvement. Right now I'm still coming to terms with my spotty face and not so slim waistline :) That's all for tonight, there's only so many calories in a beetroot, spinach, cucumber, lemon, lime and apples oh and a carrot. I actually don't feel hungry and feel a very calm and natural sleepiness unlike the times I did choose to devour a whole pizza and maybe a kit-kat or two to wash it down! Before I go I want to say an enormous thank you to my greatest source of inspiration, my loving life-partner Joaozinho who puts up with a lot of grumpiness during my crazy detox adventures and manages to make me laugh even when I'd rather punch someone! :) A peaceful night to all and I will definitely be dreaming about my breakfast tomorrow, which can either be a morning glory juice consisting of: 2 Apples 1 Cucumber 1 cup Blueberries 2 cups of Grapes 2 Kale Leaves 1″ Ginger or jolt juice with: 2 Apples 1 Orange 1 Cucumber 1/4 Lemon Peeled 4 Kale Leaves I'll see what I'm in the mood for when I wake up. Happy inspirations to all of you. N :) Click here to watch film

No comments:

Post a Comment